Hardship fund application
Opera baritone Njabulo Madlala and Voices of South Africa Trust have launched an urgent campaign to help provide food vouchers for South African Opera Singers during the COVID-19 crisis. The campaign aims to support artists who are most in need.
Food vouchers of between R800 and R1000 will be given to those most in need of food and basic essential items.
All South African Opera Singers may apply regardless of age, provided that the following applies:
- You must be a self-employed (Freelance) singer and have been affected by the current crisis financially.
- Singing must be your main source of income and you currently have no other income / salary or significant savings. (Be able to provide evidence of this if you are required.)
- All Opera students may apply. However, priority will be given to those students who have taken part in the Voices of South Africa Opera Masterclasses and Singing Competition.
How will the vouchers be used?
- 100% of the voucher must be used to purchase food.
- The vouchers are redeemable in Checkers supermarkets across South Africa.
- Virtual vouchers will be sent via SMS to the cellphone of each artist within 24 hours of a successful application. Please provide the correct cellphone on the application form.
- Vouchers will be redeemable only once, cannot be exchanged for cash and may only be used for food. This does not include airtime or data bundles. Evidence of the purchase must be provided once done.
- Once you received your voucher and done your shopping, please send a short video, no longer than one minute to thank people who have donated. Feel free to sing something so people hear your talents. This will encourage more people to help so more singers can get the help. This may also mean we can help again if the lock lock down continues.
To Apply please click APPLICATION FORM